Calendar Event List for Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Meet at Alex's house at 6:00 AM, leave by 6:10.
- $22/non-driver (for gas)
- bring cash for lunch on way up and back
actual cost 80.00/person
Plan A (7/18/2017 Troop mtg.):
- Monday: Park at Summit Lakes, pack 3.7 mi. to Upper Twin Twin Lake
- Tuesday: Pack 4.0 mi. to Horseshoe Lake, set up camp, then 9 mi. RT to Mt. Harkness lookout tower.
- Wednesday: Pack 4.8 mi. to Rainbow Lake, 6.5 mi RT option to Cinder Cone
- Thursday: Pack 5.3 mi. back to Summit Lake, car-camp, fish
- Friday: Hike to the top of Mt. Lassen, back to car camp
- Saturday: Return to Gilroy
Plan B: Main road is still closed, enter through Warner Valley.
Friday night dinner ideas:
- Dutch ovens
bear cans with the week's food distributed at 7/25 mtg.
extra night fishing?
bear cans required
location: Mt. Lassen
on 7/18 lookout tower was preferred to cinder cone for side hike
5:45 road time to Warner Valley entrance, 5:00 to Summit Lakes trailhead
Notes from Lassen Park:
- If you want to make copies of it to put on the dashes of the other cars that is fine too.
- If you have a run in with a bear the park would like to know about it so that we can haze the bears to get them afraid of humans again. Shoot us an email if you have another run in this year.
- [If entering via Warner Valley] there is trailhead parking just on the other side of the road from the Warner Valley Campground. Please park there and not at Drakesbad Ranch.
- Aidan V., dad
- Ben, dad
- Alex, mom
- (3 spaces remaining)
- Dominic H.
- Colby J.
- Aidan K.
- Dominic B.
- probars 167.52
- FD food and ramen 165.60
- fruit snacks 17.00
- trail mix
- park entry 40.00
- tolls 10.00
- first car-campsite 22.00
- second car-campsite 18.00
- briquets, hot dogs, buns, etc. 37.00
The Lions are bringing N.N.O. to San Martin. This is a community outreach. The Lions are serving hot dogs, hamburgers and salads, and there is line dancing in the hall. The Lions event will take place in the park from 6:30 to 8:30 in August 1st. They would like the Troop to help out with set up and take down of tables and chairs in the park, and of course participate in the event. This main focus is community! Getting to know your neighbors and work together to keep our neighborhoods safe.