Calendar Event List for Tuesday, August 8, 2017
Tuesday, August 8, 2017 from 06:30 PM to 07:30 PM: Troop meeting
- Location: San Martin Lions, 12415 Murphy Ave (right near airport), San Martin, Ca
- uniform: Class A
- highlight: election of SPL and PLs
calling (to remind about Troop meeting):
- Scorpions: Dominic H.
- Bucks: Colby J.
- 6:10 Green Bar (SPL, ASPL, PLs, TGs) arrive, prep meeting
- 6:20 Gathering
- 6:30 meeting begins (Pledge, Oath, Law, patrol yells)
- bulletins (SPL)
- instructor training (Dawson)
- paper airplanes (Anthony) - tabled - Anthony cannot make it
- knots - each Scout needs to tie the following - use the patrol flagpole for these *
- square knot
- taut-line hitch *
- two half hitches *
- sheet bend
- lark's head *
- SPL election
- patrol meetings
- SM Minute
- 7:30 adjourn (SPL: ask with a show of hands if anyone needs requirements signed off; if so, ask for an ASM to volunteer.) then ask about the meetings listed just below:
- (ask PLC members, including Webmasters, to raise their hands. then ask those five if they're going to a MB meeting - see below - to attend PLC in their place.)
- (Outdoor Code)
- requirements sign-off
- Nathan (Star)
- (Read off Troop Cup points)
- How was the backpacking at Lassen? (take feedback)
- The Pack 794 campout is this coming weekend at Mt. Madonna. At least three of you are working this; it's a good opportunity.
- Take time at your patrol meetings to sign up as interested for events.
- Tonight each Scout, with help if needed, needs to be able to tie each of 6 knots.
- Finish Scout Rank by Court of Honor so you can pin your parent.
Troop Cup points awarded last meeting:
- Ravens: 1 for all in Class A, 1 for at least 3 present, 1 for Pledge (Braeden), 10 for orienteering
- Scorpions: 1 for calling, 1 for all in Class A, 1 for at least 3 present, 1 for Law (Aidan V.), 8 for orienteering
- Bucks: 1 for all in Class A, 1 for at least 3 present, 1 for Oath (Ben), 1 for OUtdoor Code (Ben), 9 for orienteering
Troop Cup points prior to this meeting:
- Ravens: 147
- Scorpions: 147
- Bucks: 144
- Make sure when planning a Troop meeting activity that there is a leader committed to carrying it out and a list of Troop equipment (if needed, such as lashing poles).
- Plan next meeting(s) Troop meeting - sheet(s) attached.
- Review (discuss) this meeting - What went well? What didn't? If something didn't go well, discuss why and if there is a way to improve.
- Things like paper airplanes are great gathering activities.
- Elect your PL and have at least one APL. Ask an ASM to help facilitate said election. On your Troop Offices sheet in your patrol packet, indicate each of these with an N if new (first-time in this position), R for returning (held this office in the past), or C for (currently in this position and) continuing.
- Nominate at least one adult each for Are You Tougher Than A Boy Scout. (You PL will explain what this is.)
- Any last ideas to add to the Court Of Honor (attached)?